Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Turning sync off resets to track's original BPM
Using Rane Four controller. Example: Deck 2 original track BPM is 130, I set pitch fader on the controller to 128 BPM prior to engaging sync. (I want the track to play at this BPM after I turn off sync).
Deck 1 is playing at 125 BPM. I turn on sync during transition so Deck 2 will match Deck 1 BPM at 125. After transition I turn off sync on Deck 2 but it resets to the track's original BPM at 130 in the software, not 128 where I manually adjusted the pitch fader.

Anyway to turn off sync and have Deck 2 play at selected 128 BPM via pitch fader and not at the track's original 130 BPM?

Posted Mon 29 Apr 24 @ 2:30 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
So do it in reverse order, press sync for 2 tracks in the mix then move the pitch when you're done mixing. Same amount of work.

Sync in vdj isn't a mode like other software, it's a one time action that matches the pitch and aligns the beatgrid at that moment only.

Posted Mon 29 Apr 24 @ 6:30 am
As locoDog said, "SYNC" is not a mode/state in VirtualDJ.
It's an action. When you press "SYNC" button, all it does, is that it syncs the current tempo and phase of the track, with that on the opossite deck at that very moment
After that, you can still bend the tracks, adjust tempo, or do whatever you like, and "sync" by itself won't intervene any further.

Since "SYNC" is not a mode, an "OFF" mode does not exist.

What VirtualDJ has instead of a "turn off sync mode" is a PITCH RESET.
In other words, instead of turning off sync mode (which mode doesn't exist in the first place) VirtualDJ tries to do the opposite of what it did when you pressed the SYNC button.
Therefore it gradually resets track speed back to it's original value.

Posted Mon 29 Apr 24 @ 7:01 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
The gradual return to pitch natural can be tweaked to go to other values,
I keep meaning to look what sync mode actually is but I quickly lose interest because logically it sounds a mess.

Posted Mon 29 Apr 24 @ 7:36 am