Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Trying to Understand Crashes At Club Last Night...
Last night I showed up to a new venue and it was my first time using club gear with virtual dj (or any other software). They had 2 CDJ 900NXS units and a DJM A9 and when I connected them to my primary laptop, VDJ kept crashing every time I started playing music despite having the drivers pre-installed before heading out. I fought with it for an hour with restarts and full power cycling and eventually had to switch to my backup laptop which seemed to work immediately without issue. I am suspect that my primary laptop might have been having USB bus or bandwidth issues connecting all 3 devices at once (plus a usb wifi unit because the internal wifi ceased working a while back) since it is an older laptop and I think 2 of the 4 ports are usb 2.0. Is this a possible cause or is there another one I am not thinking of? My backup laptop is less powerful but newer with all usb 3.0 ports and one usb c port... used the same cables and everything.

(Super frustrating too since the cloud list did not sync as I would have expected and on my backup laptop all Tidal tracks in the list had 0 meta-data and I actually had to manually retag them because they would even show up blank when I searched the songs on Tidal on the second computer)

Posted Sun 28 Apr 24 @ 12:31 pm
What controller do you normally use?

Posted Sun 28 Apr 24 @ 3:17 pm
A DDJ-SZ

Posted Sun 28 Apr 24 @ 7:15 pm
user12428911 wrote :
all Tidal tracks in the list had 0 meta-data

This is an issue that I do wish Atomix would address.

The CloudDrive sync thing is a great idea, but only works correctly with local files.

We have no way of turning off the file transfer if we don't need it (music already in cloud) and there's no way to sync streaming playlists.

Surely Atomix realise that many users have a mix of local and streaming lists?

Posted Mon 29 Apr 24 @ 10:20 am