Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Active and stop loop with POI
VolwaterControlleristMember since 2016
Hi there, does someone know if there is a general macro to active a loop but also stop it autimatically.
I want to active a loop with a POI, but wants to stop this loop after a view times. Is that programmabl

Posted Tue 05 Mar 24 @ 7:46 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
lots of ways this could be done,
2 beats after the place you want to start the loop

cycle myLoopCount +3 & var myLoopCount 1 ? loop 4 on & loop_move -2 : var myLoopCount 0 ? loop 0 : nothing

Posted Tue 05 Mar 24 @ 10:54 pm
Thanks, but my knowledge on programming is very poor.
What I mean is to activate a loop and stop this loop after a few times automatically like below example.
Loop 8 (and after 4 loops end loop and continue the song).

Posted Thu 07 Mar 24 @ 7:57 pm
that's what the script does.

Posted Thu 07 Mar 24 @ 8:12 pm
I tried, but loop doesn't end

Posted Thu 07 Mar 24 @ 8:33 pm
try again, I just edited, I must have been tired

Posted Thu 07 Mar 24 @ 8:43 pm
Yes mate, now it works. Thanks for helping !

Posted Thu 07 Mar 24 @ 9:20 pm
4 loops, x 8 beats = 32 - 1 = 31
loop 8 & wait 31bt & loop_exit
OR
4-1 (3) loops x 8 beats = 24 + 1 = 25
loop 8 & wait 25bt & loop_exit

PS:
For APOI's since due to some rare timing issues an action POI can fire again when the loop jumps back to loop in point, the best code is:
loop ? nothing : loop 8 & wait 31bt & loop_exit
OR
loop ? nothing : loop 8 & wait 25bt & loop_exit

Posted Thu 07 Mar 24 @ 9:43 pm
Thanks, this works even better for me..

Posted Fri 08 Mar 24 @ 7:04 pm
Sorry to reup an old thread, but I'm trying something similar but running into a hiccup. Here's my dilemma:

Song drops on the 1 with music and vocals. I would like to use action POI to activate instrumental stems and loop the first 8 bts FOUR times. After the 4th instrumental loop completes, the song returns to beat 1, the loop is exited, and the vocal is brought back, in essence playing the song from the beginning (i.e. creating a 32 ct DJ intro for a song).

This is the script I used:

play ? stem_pad 'instrumental' on & loop 8 & wait 32bt & stem_pad 'instrumental' off & loop_exit : stem_pad 'instrumental' on & loop 8 & wait 32 bt & stem_pad 'instrumental' off & loop_exit

But I run into an issue. If I manually return to the beginning, the OPPOSITE of what I intended happens (the loop goes away and the vocal returns, or even worse, the loop remains but the vocal jumps in and out). I am trying to get better at scripting, and somewhat understand the concept, but it's definitely a work in progress. Loco, any ideas?

Posted Tue 18 Jun 24 @ 12:13 am
DJ A Sharp - The One Man Band wrote :
Loco, any ideas?

Dangerous question, many ideas, mostly about beer :D
This case though, you've an easy condition you can check. am I in a loop? if so do nothing, if not do the thing.

loop ? : stem_pad 'instrumental' on & loop 8 & wait 32bt & stem_pad 'instrumental' off & loop_exit

Always good to have a check with loops & poi, I believe there's a tiny bit of dither with loops, can loop a tiny bit early or late [we're talking a couple of ms] it all evens out, but it would explain why looping exactly on a poi sometimes registers and sometimes doesn't as it cycles.

Posted Tue 18 Jun 24 @ 1:19 am
locoDog wrote :
Loco, any ideas?

This case though, you've an easy condition you can check. am I in a loop? if so do nothing, if not do the thing.

loop ? : stem_pad 'instrumental' on & loop 8 & wait 32bt & stem_pad 'instrumental' off & loop_exit

Always good to have a check with loops & poi, I believe there's a tiny bit of dither with loops, can loop a tiny bit early or late [we're talking a couple of ms] it all evens out, but it would explain why looping exactly on a poi sometimes registers and sometimes doesn't as it cycles.

As much help as you've been lately, you're good for a beer on my end...lol...Thanks, let me try that.

Posted Tue 18 Jun 24 @ 1:56 am
locoDog wrote :
Loco, any ideas?

What about this...To ensure that the loop is not on the cue point after 32 beats, having the loop_exit at 35 beats (while keeping the stem_pad script at 32 beats)?

Posted Tue 18 Jun 24 @ 2:52 am
indeed, we're talking tiny fractions of a second. Something like loop off st the start of the loop isn't too time critical so you can give a decent margin.

loop ? : stem_pad 'instrumental' on & loop 8 & wait 32bt & stem_pad 'instrumental' off & wait 0.1bt & loop_exit

loop off at the very end of the loop is difficult to time, so you call loop off early
loop ? : stem_pad 'instrumental' on & loop 8 & wait 31.5bt loop_exit & wait 0.5bt & stem_pad 'instrumental' off

Posted Tue 18 Jun 24 @ 3:16 am