Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Auto tagging tracks
Please check out this software: https://onetagger.github.io/. It's the best auto tagger software that I've come across. I would like to recommend that VDJ incorporate auto-tagging of tracks within the software. This is sorely needed. Once again, this will put VDJ even further ahead in the DJ software game.

Posted Tue 31 Oct 23 @ 5:06 pm
nice program thanks for the heads up

Posted Tue 31 Oct 23 @ 9:03 pm
gvastePRO InfinityMember since 2019
great tool, anyone known if modifying the tags externally brokes the vdj database ?

Posted Wed 01 Nov 23 @ 2:58 am
As long as you don't change the song's filepath it should be ok. If you change metadata of the song using the tagger, multiple song select + right click + Reload Tag should update VirtualDJ's view of the song metadata.

Posted Wed 01 Nov 23 @ 9:40 pm
gvastePRO InfinityMember since 2019
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
As long as you don't change the song's filepath it should be ok. If you change metadata of the song using the tagger, multiple song select + right click + Reload Tag should update VirtualDJ's view of the song metadata.

Understood, thank you!! <3

Posted Tue 07 Nov 23 @ 3:05 pm
Great Post! Only just on to this amazing piece of software. It's took just over 4 days of laptop on 24/7 but just finished tagging/retagging 111,000 tracks. Easily the best mp3 tagger I've used but if you pick lots of info to tag and several of the multiple sources you can pull info from, expect a long wait for masses of music to be tagged but by the end you won't be sorry.

The great thing about this tagger is is as long as you keep the path of the track it will edit loads of info, including a tracks label, you won't lose any other I fo, including mixed in key info and cue points.

Posted Wed 12 Jun 24 @ 10:37 pm
I've been using OneTagger for ages, it works great. It is part of my workflow for processing my tunes.

1. I use Platinum Notes on complete folders with Gentle Added Warmth (gives a vinyl sound rather than a harsh CD sound).
2. Then process the same folder in Mixed-in-Key.
3. Next, I process that same folder in OneTagger.
3. Lastly, I highlight all the files in the same folder and reload tags in VirtualDJ.

Previously I had only been applying my workflow to new tunes over the past year, I didn't want to trash my whole database (I have several backups anyway). A few weeks ago I felt confident enough to apply my workflow to my full collection of 50k tracks. It took 8 days working 24/7 to process with my M1 MBP. 😳

In VirtualDJ, I have the 'Color Filter' set to change the browser colour according to my rules based on Genre. OneTagger updates the Genre during processing and I see instantly the colours sometimes change to better suit the Genre. It saves having to manually go through my whole database to correct the Genre, win, win!!! 😊

Oh, there's one thing I haven't figured out yet. OneTagger is supposed to be able to convert the Energy value from Mixed-in-Key to the Star Rating in VirtualDJ. That would be cool if I could get that working too. 🤔

Posted Thu 13 Jun 24 @ 6:43 am
lakis69PRO InfinityMember since 2011

Posted Fri 14 Jun 24 @ 1:17 am