Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: DJ MIXING : basic - advanced - pro - Page: 16

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

whats up players im dj poisitivity i been using vdj 4 about 3 months im not trying 2 brag,but am pretty dam good well here is my story im a very ggod dancer (im not gay). well i started off mixing prince and michael jackson because those r my brothers and i feel if u can mix both of those artist u r good because the rythem structure changes so much . next step i move on to hip hop such artist as ti, young jezzy ,rick ross and etc.when i remix by loops 4 example i will take the chorus of flashing lights by kanye west and i will use the beat of the chorus as my foundation and then i will bring prince (she always in my hair) kill the bass so u would hear just the mid and high and when the guitar break comes i loop that (8 beat) then crossfade to kanye vocal and then turn up prince mid so u can hear the guitar its like magic you will fall 2 your knees and say thank u jesus thats how god talks 2 me through the music here is a tip when u are beat matching DO NOT THINK THATS THE WORSE MISTAKE A DJ CAN DO so just allow the beats 2 talk u when it feels like magic and you get tingly inside thats it just like dancing but players here is my problem i live in a small city jackson miss its hard 4 me 2 get gigs because a lot of dj's and people r envy of me whats a good marketing tool 4 me 2 use . my next goal is buy the REASON 4 software i wanna produce i would like dj norway 2 be on my production team dj norway ur a bad mf keep up the swagger shake them haters off so fellow vdj's please give me some advice beacause i need MONEY peace p.s. i just change my name 2 DJ SWAGGER LOL

Posted Tue 16 Dec 08 @ 12:19 pm
Hello dj-in-norway,

I dont know how long it took you to write and post the "Tutorial Posts", but it took me hours to read and understand them, and its gon take a life time to stay in me(my system).

So Big up to you (dj-in-norway) and dnt stop enlightening us.

Bless!

Dj Flo

Posted Wed 17 Dec 08 @ 7:37 pm
@ DJ-IN-NORWAY: Hey, thanks alot for the info, I printed it out so I can read it over and over untill I belive I can do most of what you talked about. I finally got Cue(wish it was VDJ) with the DMC2 I bought so I am finally able to play around with this software without having to reinstall my laptop every time i want to practice mixing. Im saving up to buy VDJ pro, but in the meantime I am ripping all my CDs and reading your tutorial.

Thanks again!

Posted Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 9:22 pm
Thnksssss

Posted Fri 02 Jan 09 @ 4:54 am
joubejoPRO InfinityMember since 2008
after months of owning vdj 5 i finally got the hang of synching and lining up the cbg, i have this total controller by numark that helps out tremendously - your article has taken me to a new level - especially the piece on playing at least four from one genre at a time, also the lining things up by bpm, building up the speed and then reversing after reaching the top speed for the night but making sure that you don't lower the bpms for the night too much...thank you very much - DJ Sense (North New England, USA)

Posted Thu 08 Jan 09 @ 1:47 am
hi guys i'm a begiinner dj
pls give a beginner techniques for a good mixing idea..... tnx a lot

Posted Thu 15 Jan 09 @ 9:10 pm

Thanks you all ... will rewrite the guide soon, to be shorter, and with videos :)

Should be more interesting to read, and easier to understand :)

Posted Sat 17 Jan 09 @ 3:24 pm
Thx for the answers dj-in, and thx for the advices too.

Posted Tue 27 Jan 09 @ 7:47 am
CalladaHome userMember since 2009
Thanx for the info. will read, since I am just starting to find out about Dj'in.. you have any other further reading suggestions?

Posted Thu 05 Feb 09 @ 11:27 am
Wassup guys...Thanx for all this wonderful knowledge. Am a 'bedroom DJ' and most of what I do is spin @ local gigs like birthday parties, house warming bashes and the like..I dont have any dj-ing hardware like most of you...I use my PC, amplifier and 200 watt speakers..I'm currently using VDJ 5.0.7.pro.Great software. I gauge myself as an above average in dj mixing. My only problem is scratching with VDJ. Can someone pliz inform me on how to configure the software to get a scratch as close to vinyl as possible, the key board shortcuts to use, how to scratch on one deck and not loose beat match, how to produce the different scratch effects...without having to buy accessory hardware like the hercules? thanx in advance

Posted Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 7:53 am
i understand about the 2-3 min mix per track but how would you advise mixing things like big beat where a track will run 6-7 minutes with the peak usually between 3 -5 min

Posted Fri 06 Mar 09 @ 1:00 pm
whats the best sampler to play?

Posted Fri 06 Mar 09 @ 11:29 pm
quote ---- The first beat of the song, is often the first beat of the pattern, and make sure the firt big cbg square is here. ---- end quote

If the cbg square isn't placed correctly, is there a way to move it to the correct position? I can't seem to find it.

Posted Sat 07 Mar 09 @ 2:11 pm
WOW

Great ...

Posted Mon 09 Mar 09 @ 9:33 am
aeonkHome userMember since 2009
wow thats awesome thanks heaps helped alot!

Posted Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 5:44 pm
yo if anyone wants to hear my mix's email me on my msn XXXXX@XXXXX strictly... bassline dnb specials

Sorry no email or contacts are permitted from no license user. Thanks for understanding [spinna]

Posted Mon 27 Apr 09 @ 5:21 pm
ali2b3PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Fantastic..!

Many thanks

Great works going on here

(I'm refering to the "ORIGINAL FORUM") - - - - Lessons

Posted Thu 14 May 09 @ 9:25 am
To preview the secound deck you do need the FULL version of VDJ sadly, It's a great investment, and theirs no great feeling in stealing.

Do you? I thought as long as you have at least a 4-channel soundcard and select the right settings, it should work.
I have bought a full licensed version (haven't registered it yet) and am really pleased with my investment.
The price in the UK has shot up by 50% over the last year, due to the weak pound, but hey, those dsp algorithms are well worth it.
I'm a software engineer, and it would take me yeeears to write something this good.

Posted Fri 15 May 09 @ 6:27 am
In this mixing is their thoughts on mixing genres such as dancehall,rnb,soca and hip hop

Posted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 10:37 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi Dj tabulous, pls do not spam the thread. Thanks.

Posted Mon 15 Jun 09 @ 1:03 pm
64%