Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Rane Performer - Page: 3
I understand. One more question... currently, Virtual DJ offers 3 Advanced EQ modes, which are normally choosable on controller connection (and I guess in the options for internal usage). The Rane Four/upcoming Rane Performer's offers a method of switching to between modes with Shift + PFL, but how do we control which Advanced EQ mode is used? Is there another settting for the one chosen by default, or is it chosen (in the Rane case) as the mode that closest matches what happens in its default software?

Posted 2 days ago @ 1:00 pm
You choose your desired stems mode as before (from the popup).
Then SHIFT+PFL switches from EQ operation (which is still hardware) to STEMS operation (software - the one you selected on the popup) and back to EQ.

Obviously since the controller offers only 3 knobs to control stems it doesn't really make sense to choose the "full 5 stems" control. Instead it makes sense to only select EZRemix or ModernEQ

Posted 2 days ago @ 1:42 pm
I understand. Thank you for the clarification and the hard work once again 🍺

Side note: does this technically mean that the controller is now useable in internal mixer mode - could Sandbox now be available depending on a channel's EQ mode, or am I misunderstanding?

Posted 2 days ago @ 1:44 pm
No, sandbox cannot be enabled.
Sandbox needs a "master" output on the audio setup.
The audio setup has not changed.

As I said previously, technically all that the new firmware does, is to use a MIDI message to tell the device "stop applying eq" on a deck. So, the eq knobs still send MIDI, but don't apply EQ. Then you switch this mode off and you return to the usual operation where the knobs both send MIDI messages as before but also apply eq from the device's DSP

Posted 2 days ago @ 2:16 pm
Thank you for the clarification once again 🍺

Posted 2 days ago @ 2:28 pm
wesje19PRO SubscriberMember since 2014
PhantomDeejay wrote :
It's going to be available to all users.
However, the preferred way of operation is still to change all decks together.
So, if a user wants to depart form "all decks together" to "independent decks" he will be able to do so (by remapping his controller or by using custom actions)
But the default operation remains the same.

that's cool, could someone give me the actions for mapping this so that c3&c4 are stems control for c1&c2 that have the normal equalizing? I always use c1&c2, almost never c3&c4, thanks in advance!

Posted 2 days ago @ 6:47 pm
user9073669 wrote :
could someone give me the actions for mapping this so that c3&c4 are stems control for c1&c2 that have the normal equalizing? I always use c1&c2, almost never c3&c4, thanks in advance!

What do you mean ?
For which controller ?

The default VIRTUALDJ operation is still the same. So, you can still use inner/outer channels to have control of both EQ & STEMS at the same time with most 4 channels supported gear.

Posted 2 days ago @ 7:26 pm
It's been... one week since I got this thing.

Posted 7 hours ago
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@Michigan DJ, it takes time. I know you want to play with your toy now but you bought it before it was supported.
The hardware guys start from scratch and they don't dawdle, they've got to map then they've consider how it might have to deviate to best suit vdj, and sometimes that might need straight thinking time, then they have to test it, then another guy needs to test it.
Our HW guys are top tier testers, they find hardware bugs the manufacturer missed. That might mean talking to rane and waiting on rane for a FW patch.
Then there's concepts the HW introduces that need to be added to the core program, and tested, outside of just that hardware.

I understand you want it now, but what's 1 week, 2 week, even 3 weeks when measured against the years of reliable performance you'll have once it's supported?

Posted 4 hours ago
Michigan DJ wrote :
It's been... one week since I got this thing.

I put mine back in the box . I stopped watching reviews . I’ll just wait it out till support comes. It’s a hot item . At least we have it on-hand .

Posted 3 hours ago